If you are on a brand name search, it’s time to learn this revolutionary idea: brand names do not just happen – they are created. Great brand names like Apple, Levi’s, and Facebook have become household names in the world over. One thing these businesses have in common is that it understands what branding is about.
What is Branding?
Before going deeper into the steps on how to be the next big brand name, it is first important to understand what branding means.
Branding is when a business establishes a clear message to its market and translates this message to their advertising efforts.
The words brand name and business name have been interchanged so much for so long that there seems to be no more difference existing between the two. To give one’s business a brand means to give it a unique but confident voice so that its target audience can identify it amidst a multitude of competitors.
Here are the steps on how to make your business the next big brand:
- Create Your Brand Identity
In order to form your brand identity, ask yourself these guiding questions:
- What is your company’s top five main characteristics?
- What are the problems or concerns that your business offers to resolve?
- Who would take interest in the solution your business has to offer?
- What makes your business unique among others on the same niche?
- Hone Your Company’s Brand Voice
Here are the questions you need to answer in establishing a voice for your brand:
- How do you want your business to communicate to your clients and prospects?
- What kind of message do you want them to hear?
- In what tone do you want to speak to your target market?
Think of the language, style, and atmosphere that you want to use in speaking to your target audience and you create the voice of your brand.
- Create a Clear Marketing Strategy
In order to devise a clear marketing plan, you must have coherent answers for the following:
- What is the mission and vision of your company?
- What are the long-term and short-term goals of your business?
- What are the main issues or roadblocks you encounter in getting your business name out into the market?
When you strategize on your marketing efforts, remember to align it to the voice of your brand. For instance, a brand that evokes exclusivity should avoid promotions or sales. A company that targets teenagers and young adults should use social media as its speaking platform towards its audience.
- Form Your Design and Content Strategies
Brainstorm on the guidelines for your company’s design and content by answering the following:
- What is your company’s brand name?
- What is the brand’s tagline?
- What is your company logo?
- What does the company’s logo and other insignia trying to convey?
Both design and content should be used consistently in order to form a brand identity that will leave a mark in the market’s minds. This includes the font, logo, text, colors, and the advertising platforms used by the company.
- Gear Towards a Solid Online Presence
In order to create an online presence, go over the following checklist:
- Customized Domain Name: Make it easier for your audience to find you. Find a witty, fresh, and intelligent domain and you will be unforgettable to the public. This is easy to accomplish if you know where to shop for top-quality domains.
- Mobile Website: The mobile traffic has exceeded desktop traffic before. It is showing no sign of slowing down and your business better be ready to accommodate it.
- Blogs: Create your own blog to level with your market’s day-to-day issues. You can do this by researching for topics that concern them or refreshing your SEO pool of ideas. Follow updated and informative blogs on how to be a brand name maker.
No need to hire marketing specialists if you can be your own company’s brand name generator through these simple steps on how to be the next big thing.